RSPCA PROSECUTIONS INJUSTICE FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RSPCA PROSECUTIONS INJUSTICE FORUM

Campaign to bring private prosecutions made by the RSPCA under the control of the CPS

5 posters

BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS

Poll

SHOULD THE RSPCA HAVE ITS POWERS CONTROLLED

[ 28 ]
    BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS Bar_left100%BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS Bar_left0%BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Poll closed
    duckindafta

BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS Empty Re: BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS

Post  duckindafta Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:37 am

good blog that...cheers. As I lost my best and only true friend to the RSPCA mistreating him, I name and shame York's RSPCA office on Landing Lane whenever possible and Insector Corder for being jealous of a baby in the house so claimed "It would be easier with the dog out of the way" and had the police arrest me because of reports they received but couldn't tell me what they were reporting. I did win in court, but only because of the expertise of the vets in Beverley, east yorks, who knew about animals and owners rather than like the suit and power ego the rspca have.
    TB
    TB

BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS Empty Re: BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS

Post  TB Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:56 am

I have just seen the alternate string rspca liars, when you look at the item above this is inevitable, the rspca has its reputation at stake and must be sucessful at prosecution no matter what it costs, if they win they get another sucesful prosecution and loads of free publicity, but if they lose they get bunged their costs and get negative publicity, they will do anything to win as we have seen over the past few years, more so this last year since the animal welfare bill was enacted. its the governments fault there are no controls, the rspca are too big and powerful for the govermnent to want to take on, they lobby lots of mp's too, so they already have inside help, new mp's are taken out for a day with an inspector to brainwash them into beileving their hype.
    no other body is allowed to get away with this, the rspca stick 2 fingers up to the cps prosecution code (whilst publically claiming that they adhere to it), whilst other local authorities and the like who take private prosecutions obey it rigourosly.
    CHANGE THE RSPCA BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
    cuddles
    cuddles

Post  cuddles Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:59 am

when mp's start taking interest in any organisation the alarm bells are already ringing, this is yet another mp over the course of just a few months, whats going on at the RSPCA, looking back over the years it seems that abuses of the process have gone on for some time, but since last year and the new animal welfare act it seems far more common place that the rspca are being questioned, when you think that they prosecute over 1000 people per year thats a lot if disgruntled animal owners (OR EX OWNERS)
    Dawn French
    Dawn French

BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS Empty THE RSPCA ARE TOTALLY PUBLICITY BIASED

Post  Dawn French Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:42 am

Public Opinion wrote:The RSPCA, is it in danger of being kind to animals but cruel to humans in its treatment of animal welfare? Inside Out's Glenn Campbell investigates.

In August 2008 I started to hear stories that innocent farmers and pet owners were being wrongly accused and charged with animal cruelty.

But is the RSPCA's reputation being jeopardised ?

After three months of research looking at how the charity investigates and then presses ahead with its private prosecutions, I think there is need for concern.
    Unlike the Scottish Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, which investigates and then puts a case forward to the equivalent of the Crown Prosecution Service for consideration, the RSPCA does both of these tasks in-house.

It investigates and then its own team of lawyers decide who to prosecute and who to let off with a warning.
    If you are ever unlucky enough to find yourself on the receiving end of an RSPCA summons accusing you of animal cruelty, then beware, you could lose a lot.
    You could find yourself banned from keeping any animal for life.
    You could face a six month prison sentence and you could get a £5,000 fine.
    All this could happen in a magistrates court under a private prosecution bought against you by the RSPCA.
    I know because I've spoken to the people who've found themselves in this position... the beef farmer from Kent, the kennel assistant from Portsmouth and the pensioner from Petworth in Sussex.
    Human impact
    My investigation looks at how these people found themselves facing a private prosecution by the RSPCA.
    Prosecuted for animal cruelty - found not guilty.
    They face the very real prospect of financial ruin and having their reputations destroyed.
    All of them were actually found not guilty of animal cruelty charges in the end.
    But I'll let you decide for yourselves whether I've managed to present a case worthy of inclusion in 'Rough Justice'.
    Video - RSPCA >

The RSPCA cant lose out on any prosecution, even if they lose the case they usually get their cost paid out of government funds, and they get loads of donations from the public following the case, they ensure that their PR and media dept send press releases to the local paper and sit back waiting for donations. affraid
    Public Opinion
    Public Opinion

BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS Empty BBC JOIN MP's AND CRITISICE RSPCA PROSECUTIONS

Post  Public Opinion Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:03 pm

The RSPCA, is it in danger of being kind to animals but cruel to humans in its treatment of animal welfare? Inside Out's Glenn Campbell investigates.

In August 2008 I started to hear stories that innocent farmers and pet owners were being wrongly accused and charged with animal cruelty.

But is the RSPCA's reputation being jeopardised ?

After three months of research looking at how the charity investigates and then presses ahead with its private prosecutions, I think there is need for concern.
    Unlike the Scottish Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, which investigates and then puts a case forward to the equivalent of the Crown Prosecution Service for consideration, the RSPCA does both of these tasks in-house.
    It investigates and then its own team of lawyers decide who to prosecute and who to let off with a warning.
    If you are ever unlucky enough to find yourself on the receiving end of an RSPCA summons accusing you of animal cruelty, then beware, you could lose a lot.
    You could find yourself banned from keeping any animal for life.
    You could face a six month prison sentence and you could get a £5,000 fine.
    All this could happen in a magistrates court under a private prosecution bought against you by the RSPCA.
    I know because I've spoken to the people who've found themselves in this position... the beef farmer from Kent, the kennel assistant from Portsmouth and the pensioner from Petworth in Sussex.
    Human impact
    My investigation looks at how these people found themselves facing a private prosecution by the RSPCA.
    Prosecuted for animal cruelty - found not guilty.
    They face the very real prospect of financial ruin and having their reputations destroyed.
    All of them were actually found not guilty of animal cruelty charges in the end.
    But I'll let you decide for yourselves whether I've managed to present a case worthy of inclusion in 'Rough Justice'.
    Video - RSPCA >

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm