RSPCA PROSECUTIONS INJUSTICE FORUM

Campaign to bring private prosecutions made by the RSPCA under the control of the CPS

Another Ex RSPCA Officer joins

moonstone

another ex-RSPCA officer joins

Post  moonstone on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:17 am

Hello Gingerlyn and welcome to the forum Very Happy firstly i would advise you to read through the post "am i obliged to be interviewed a 2nd.time" by Zola Smile her case is almost the same as your friend's so yu may be able to get some info from that Smile
    Zola's case went ot court this week as she refused to accept the caution Shocked but it has been adjourned because (don't laugh lol! ) because the inpsector dealing with her case didn't know what questions to ask her and had to get permission from her superior before speaking Evil or Very Mad obvioulsy they had expected her to accept the caution and hadn't bothered to prepare the case against her No
    As far as the CRB check goes i don't think it counts Smile RSPCA are only an animal charity..they have no powers of arrest No caution or anything else Smile so a "caution" is just some thug in a meaningless uniform giving you a telling off like a naughty schoolkid lol!
    As in Zola's case , she has been asked to go in again to accept a caution (3rd.time) she is undecided about going in or not Crying or Very sad
    Hope reading through her case will be of help to your friend.
    Remember that they have NO POWERS..they are not Police and make sure that you psread word of this fact around as the more people aware of this the less power they have to lie Evil or Very Mad falsify evidence Evil or Very Mad cheat Evil or Very Mad seize pets Evil or Very Mad they are just a bunch of pOwer crazy SCUMBAGS Twisted Evil

Trilby Bee

Re: Another Ex RSPCA Officer joins

Post  Trilby Bee on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:48 am

Well, Gingerlyn, I am not an expert, nor pretend to be, but that is the impression they are giving. If the were confident of winning, am sure they would go for it. Your friend's solicitor should be able to advise her as to whether the caution will be visible or not on a CRB. Another one who should be able to help you is "out of the shadows" and posted on here quite recently, having apparently just left his job with the RSPCA as he did not approve of the way they did things. You could send him a "private message" in case he's not watching the forum much. He certainly seemed to know about the way the RSPCA was split up into national and local centres and the differences in the way they function. Shocked Certainly they seem to have forgotten what the charity was originally supposed to be about. They no longer take in strays,you tell them you are feeding a stray cat which has been hanging around your garden for six weeks and they say either stop feeding it and it will go home, or well, if you're feeding it that's a job less for the RSPCA. Evil or Very Mad
    Try sending a PM to "out of the shadows" and see if he gets back to you.Let's know what he says if you have a moment to spare. Cool

Cheers

Trilby

gingerlyn

Post  gingerlyn on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:10 am

Thanks Trilby bee

Thats exactly what I was thinking. My friends solicitor has advised her to take caution as she is not in good health. He will go with her. I just find it odd that they want her to admit to something she hasn't done and then later give her a caution. What are the implications of this? She is still thinking about it. What an unprofessional lot! They are just a bunch of rogues. Also wondered does a caution show on CRB check? bounce

Trilby Bee

Welcome to the Forum

Post  Trilby Bee on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Hello Gingerlyn and welcome to the Forum,

Well, the people on this Forum know that the RSPCA work in mysterious and devious ways. It rather looks to me that they abandoned the idea of a prosecution because they know they cannot win. If they really thought they could win, they would go ahead. That way, they would get the case in a paper or animal magazine/website etc and get loads of praise from the gullible public and loads of donations. In short, and what most people do NOT understand is that for the RSPCA, a conviction and the ensuing publicity puts money in the bank for them. Which is why they prosecute wherever possible despite saying that their main aim is to advise owners what they are doing wrong and how to rectify it.

However, if your friend admits that she was guilty of some offence(s)in 2011, they then have an admission and all the ammunition to go ahead with the prosecution. It's all a bit strange I must say, but something similar has happened to one of the posters on this site very recently.

As one of their victims, my advice to your friend would be: get some legal advice NOW and make sure you have someone with you. A lawyer would tell you what questions NOT to answer and what answers NOT to give. It all sounds a bit as tho' they are up to no good. See if your friend qualifies for legal aid. They do like to drag their cases out, they think the victim will throw up their hands in despair and say,'OK, you win, I did it, I can't take any more - arrest me!' If you are interviewed "under caution" be sure you have someone with you. But I would think that they have gone back to the caution as they have not enough against your friend to prosecute successfully. But this is what gets me, the amount of time they waste on this sort of thing when there are REAL animal cruelty cases to deal with, not to mention horses dying at Cheltenham. And the Grand National to look forward to. And they are sitting in some office filling out forms and deciding whether to caution or to prosecute.

Take care. Cool

gingerlyn

caution v prosecution

Post  gingerlyn on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi
    wondered if you could help?
    A very good friend was interviewed last year by rspca scum, refused a caution as she is absolutely innocent, then received a summons. Now they are offering another caution (instead of going to court) if she admits she was wrong. They want another interview at a police station but she wont get caution for a few days after interview. I am perplexed by this. So, the deal is to tell lies about herself and admit she was wrong or they wont give her a caution. Blackmail? What i'm wandering is will they give her caution after 2nd interview and why does she have to wait a few more days for this after interview.

moonstone

another RSPCA officer joins

Post  moonstone on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:45 pm

I would also like to point out that RSPCA will use their own vets or ones that are prepared to lie and only state what they are asked to by this evil lot No they also have judges who are "friendly" that they will use to help them get a conviction Shocked so really if you are summonsed then you are a lost cause No the vets/judges are in their pay and will say wahtever they are asked to Evil or Very Mad
    It's good to have you on board and i am glad that you have seen the light and come over from the dark side Smile
    I foster for a local rescue and they take in "cruelty" cases from RSPCA Smile they do this to save the animals lives as RSPCA would PTS these perfectly healthy pets Twisted Evil
    This week i have taken in a little foster kitten who was injured in an RTA Crying or Very sad he was going to be killed but the rescue saved him Smile they have managed to fundraise to pay for his surgery (the vets also waived some of the bill)and i have chipped in to Smile left to them he would have been dead Evil or Very Mad so much for caring about animal welfare Evil or Very Mad

Trilby Bee

National v Regional v Local

Post  Trilby Bee on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Well, it's nice to get that from the horse's mouth Very Happy (so to speak). I do know they spend a shameful amount of money given in good faith by the public on private prosecutions and seem to have the magistrates sewn up as well. My friend's sister is a magistrate and when she heard I was being summonsed her comment was, "Be careful". She said it several times. Be careful what you say. Be careful whom you speak to. Be careful what you do.

Thank you for giving us information from the inside. It's useful to have.

fromtheshadows

National vs Regional vs Local

Post  fromtheshadows on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Another area most people aren't aware of .....
    The National society is broken into geographical ares, each with it's own regional headquarters. These in turn are broken into group areas, usually about a county and a half each depending on population numbers. ANYONE answering a phone, wearing a uniform or making a field visit is national society. this is the rspca charity you can donate to via phone and online. everything they take goes into one central fund to be wasted as appropriate. Local branches only deal in a very small geographical area and are seperate charities using the rspca logo.
    I know how this is usually represented and i cannot state this strongly enough. Your local inspector has NOTHING to do with your local branch. They have no say over rehoming, kennel space, vet funds ... nothing local. So when your friendly inspector or awo says they're doing you a favour by rehoming an animal..... check ! It wouldn't be the first time a much loved pet is signed over to find a better home and goes straight to the vet to be put to sleep.
    The call centre is owned and operated by Ventura near Rotherham, mostly by agents with no field experience at all. One day they're answering the Next catalogue then shifted and "trained" to rspca targets, they are rewarded for getting people off the phone quickly and for getting donations, nothing else.Still wonder why your calls aren't responded to ????
    The scams pulled across the board are incredible...

Trilby Bee

Another RSPCA Officer Joins

Post  Trilby Bee on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:30 pm

I am interested in what you say about the local branches not getting involved in the prosecutions as this certainly was not so in my case. The officer who removed my animal while I was not present was certainly the one who was involved. The summons to court was sent from the local office and the officer's name was on the back with the address of the local office. The same officer came to court in uniform every time I was there. I note you are in the E. Midlands, this was in the south of England. And the private vet they used was the greediest person living recommending unnecessary treatment. But this was definitely all done via the local office, I promise you.
    But thank you for your comment, you obviously saw another side of the way things are done. Smile

fromtheshadows

Another thought ....

Post  fromtheshadows on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:31 am

Sorry, forgot to say in last post ....
    I think it's worth pointing out the difference between the local branch rspca and the national society. Most of the branches I worked with were dedicated, hard working people that genuinely care about what they do. There are a few notable exceptions !
    Your local branch will help with everything but do not undertake prosecutions, it is the national society that covers that and it is this aspect of the rspca that so desperately needs to change. Pop a pound into the local campaigners outside your supermarkets and it will be spent wisely on animals (probably). Donate to the begging adverts on tv and more money will go to selective prosecutions / computers / pda's / "bought" vets. Please, please make people aware of this - stop donating to the national society.

fromtheshadows

Another Ex RSPCA Officer joins

Post  fromtheshadows on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:22 am

Hi all,
    Having been involved in several of the highest profile cases over the last few years and working my a*** off for animal welfare i have finally resigned from the rspca. The reason behind it is simple; the rspca is not an effective tool in the prevention of cruelty and neglect, worse it's practises can actually cause / prolong suffering. And the answer from HQ ? Spend even more millions on computer systems that are unnecessary.
    I think it fair to point out from reading some of the posts that there are many officers out there still struggling on to try and help animals, but there are more that see themselves as a private police force now - and it's going to get worse.
    I will be happy to answer questions and give advice on here if wanted along with providing assistance to defence solicitors.
    Fromtheshadows

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 am