RSPCA PROSECUTIONS INJUSTICE FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RSPCA PROSECUTIONS INJUSTICE FORUM

Campaign to bring private prosecutions made by the RSPCA under the control of the CPS

2 posters

dogs in cars

Trilby Bee

dogs in cars Empty Dogs in cars

Post  Trilby Bee Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:58 am

Hello Diesel and welcome to the site. My apologies that I have not been able to reply to your post more quickly, but my computer keyboard is not working and am currently in an internet cafe which is nice and warm anyway!

When you say "two young girls" I imagine they were in uniform. When you say you were using the station car park, do you suppose that they thought the dog was going to be there all day, or what...? If I take a cat to the vet I am happy to leave her in the car for 30 minutes while I go into the supermarket, assuming that the weather is not baking hot. Talking of which, we all recall a police sergeant who last year let two police dogs die a slow death in an over-heated car. It was his second offence, another dog had died similarly in his care some years before. He only got a three year ban if I recall correctly and as his wife was/is a dog trainer, he will be working with dogs, no doubt about it. Was he kicked out of the police? I don't think so.

So what was the full story Diesel. I would be worried that they have your car number as this obviously means that they now know where you live so you should be aware of that. Even if you change your car they have your address. My car was completely written off during my dispute with them; the police said I had been targeted.

As for providing a suitable environment, the woman who stuffed a cat in a wheelie bin was charged with failing to provide a suitable environment. And the whole country was horrified at that, so much so that she got death threats!!
    diesel1275

dogs in cars Empty dogs in cars

Post  diesel1275 Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:22 pm

ok today I have been given a ticking of by two young girls for leaving my dog in my car at the train station bearing in mind it is snowing i was not worried about her getting hot..
    apparently they have now put some form of police sanction on my vehicle and if it is found with a dog in again i will be prosecuted i am outraged these two girls were quoting straight from the manual apparently my car is an unsuitable enviroment for my dog to express its natural behaviour in...